on Scotia Bank’s website
The ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card is designed for travelers, with a significant cash back bonus when trips are booked through though the card.
Unfortunately, after August 1, trip cancellation and interruption insurance will no longer be offered. However, the remainder of the travel protections will still be in force.
Rewards points are earned on all eligible purchases on the card, but the biggest benefits are for those who travel frequently.
Annual fee: $110 if cardholder is under age 65, $65 if 65 and older
Eligibility: No Canadian credit history required
Credit limit: Minimum limit of $5,000
Interest rate: 19.99% on purchases (22.99% on cash advances and balance transfers)
Features of the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card
- Additional cards cost $30, or $15 for those age 65 and older
- 5% cash back on eligible travel booked through Scotia Rewards Travel service
- 1 Scotia Rewards point for every $1 purchase
- $5,000 bonus Scotia Rewards points for your eligible first purchase
- Items purchased are automatically insured against theft, loss or damage
- Manufacturer’s warranty doubled, up to one year
- No travel restrictions on trips booked through Scotia Rewards Travel
- Best available airfare price guarantee within 24 hours of booking
- Emergency medical insurance, delayed/lost baggage protection, rental car insurance, travel accident protection, and hotel/motel burglary coverage
- Save up to 25% on car rentals in Canada and the US at participating AVIS and Budget locations
- SCENE account holders can exchange Scotia Rewards points for SCENE points
- Save time at checkout by swiping or tapping your card
Review of the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card
If you don’t travel frequently, the ScotiaGold Passport Visa Card is not the best card for you. Try one of the other options from Scotia Bank or elsewhere to find one that fits your lifestyle.
If you do, however, you can earn a lot of money with the 5% cash back offer! Unless you rely heavily on trip insurance, this is a good choice for those who enjoy traveling and booking through the Scotia Rewards Travel service.